Thursday, June 24, 2010

Final Marathon (of the Year)

So, because my experience in Boston was not the greatest, I made a rash decision and signed up for another marathon. It was June 12th and very close to home. Just down in Provo Canyon. Scott's brother Mike had been training for a half marathon so we got him signed up too. It was a much better experience to end the season with. The weather was not hot, in fact, it was kinda chilly and rainy for the first 10 miles. But, that didn't slow me down. Got my new personal record of 3:16:12! I felt really good most the way. Found a young, first time marathoner, full of energy running partner to run with. We just chatted the whole way and the miles were dropping like flies. It was so nice to be distracted. My wonderful husband jumped in at mile 24 and paced me into the finish for my new record. Oh how I needed him and oh how he helped me SO much! It was fun having him as my running partner in those critical miles. Mike did really good for his first race. He got a 1:44 with an injured IT band and all. He's already looking into doing a sprint triathalon and another half. He's got the bug!

Sorry Mike, this was the only good shot we got of you after the finish. He must be explaining something here.

Scott got a great shot of his finish. Look at that stride!!!!!!


Since Scott was running with me, his Dad had the camera and he said I came in too fast that he didn't get any running shots. If you want to see some, click on the above sight.
This man thought I was going to pass out......


and he still thinks I'm going to pass out


Here's just one of my many supporters. Isn't he cute!


David still had the camera and had me pose. Say cheese!


Again, my #1 fan and support. Couldn't have done it without you! And he didn't even mind the slime.


Scott's family got to experience their first half and full marathon watching. Thank you all for coming and supporting. It was quite the group!! Our race started at 5:30 a.m. That meant they all had to be out the door by 6:00 to make it down to the finish in time for Mike to come through. It was an exhausting day for ALL!

6 comments:

WeAreTheRopers said...

Holy SMOKES! You GO girl!

Lisa said...

You did awesome. So fun to be a part of your day.

Courtney said...

You always amaze me!! WAY TO GO!!!

Debbie Jones said...

Elisha--you are awesome!! Very nice job, I still am amazed at your abilities!! Sorry--I did get your message--I'm going to try to call you tomorrow! I hope things are going good with you and your family!! That picture of Foster is just adorable!!
Talk to you soon!

katharine said...

You rock!!! You know it!

JessicaEklund said...

Our whole family is sitting here looking at your blog and what does little Trais say with a sweet smile on his face??? "Elisha is the world's best champion."