When we were at our family reunion, sister Rachel was training for a half marathon. Well my other sister, Becky, and I got a bright idea to all run it "together". So that's what we did. Scott, the kids and I drove out Thursday night after he got home from work and my sister Becky flew in the next day. We had a great pasta pre-run meal Friday night and Saturday headed over to Fruitland, Idaho. My sister and her friend ran it last year and wanted to do it again. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! The weather was great. Cloud coverage almost the entire time, but nice out! My sisters kept telling me to just run my own race, but I didn't want to this time. I wanted to run with them, and finish with them! It was a nice way to run a race. There was no pressure and no nerves. We chatted the whole way, the time flew by. It seriously did not feel like we had just ran 13.1 miles. It was awesome! Thanks Rachel, Becky and Cresta for a great run!
Not sure what kind of face I'm making here, but so glad Scott captured it on camera!!!!
Sister, Becky in yellow, me, and other lost sister, Cresta in gray
Cresta had gotten a little sick and slowed down, so it was just us three for most of the way.......until Becky broke away at mile 12 and finished strong and fast!
Here's Becky's finish.....way to go sis. Way to finish strong!
Instead of finishers medals, we got finishers cups!
Me, Becky and Rachel. I think Sarah and Jessica need to join us next time and the 5 of us can run a race together. Maybe some day......
3 comments:
Way to go! How fun that you were able to enjoy it together! cute pics!
Fun to run it with your sisters, Lish. I can't imagine not realizing that you'd run that long! You are amazing, as always.
You make it look (and sound) so easy! So fun to do it with your sisters!
Post a Comment