On July 18th, Scott was getting ready to go for a run. He asked how far he should go. I asked him what he was training for so I could give him a distance. He responded that he was thinking of doing a half marathon. Then he shot back......what are you training for. I said, "I want to run the marathon next week". He said I should. I then talked to a friend later that day and she said I totally should. Untrained and all. I ran Ogden back in May so figured I at least wasn't out of shape. So I thought about it some more and Friday, got on-line and signed up. I wanted it to be a low key, no stress, no worrying about a PR kind of run. I just wanted to A) see if I could run without training, B) and run for "fun". My family is AWESOME and so supportive. Scott worked around his schedule so he could go in late. And the kids are such troopers just to sit for hours and wait for me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! My friends are so supportive too. We went down the night before the race to pick up my packet (and my friends' husbands packet for the half) and to get a spot saved for the parade after the marathon. It was the 24th of July (Pioneer day and Scott and I's anniversary) marathon and parade.
3 of my best fans!
Nearing the end I see my family and motion for them to jump in and run the last 50 yards with me!
Foster ran too, you just can't see him. Like how I kind of wait for them! ;-)
3 of my favorite people to see after a race!!! And gotta love the Creamies at the finish! I finished in right around 3:25. It wasn't my fastest by almost 10 minutes, but it wasn't my slowest by about 10 minutes. I wasn't ashamed of the time at all. I stopped and went to the bathroom twice (one of the times was on the side of the road which I had to hike back out and almost had to ask for a hand it was so steep) and I found a friend to run with who wanted to run/walk starting at mile 20. I ended up ditching him the last 2 miles! All in all, it was a fun race, I had no expectations and enjoyed the scenery! I think I could run a few more marathons like this!
Yup, I scored all these Creamies for the kiddos. My friends' kids, Benton and Kate are the extras.
1 comment:
Amazing!!
Post a Comment