Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Canning

I suppose this is what living in a house with room enough to store things does to a person. I am officially a "homemaker". I ventured out and joined some friends in canning. We made our own homemade applesauce (7 jars), 25 jars of peaches, 6 containers of freezer jam, 12 jars of jalapeno jelly (you pour over cream cheese and dip chips), and 7 jars of homemade tomato spaghetti sauce. The tomato sauce all came from our garden with the ingredients being tomatoes, green onions, greed peppers, anaheim peppers, and a yellow squash. It was a lot of work, a big mess, but will definitely be worth it come winter. I actually enjoyed doing all of it. They made for long days on my feet, but it was fun developing a new talent (assuming canning is a talent).

This was early on when there were only a few jars so far

Scott practicing his photography skills. Scott helped me do our peaches.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks for learning this new skill so you could teach it to me!! I love having all of my peaches.

David and Mary Walton said...

Wow. that is alot of work, but it feels so good to see it lined up on the shelf. Way to go!