Thursday, April 22, 2010

Boston- Saturday

We left for our trip on Thursday afternoon. Scott and my brother worked half a day. Loaded the van, dropped Foster off at my sisters in Roy, UT, then headed for Boise. We met my sis and her family there for dinner to do the Molly exchange in Nampa. Stayed the night at my mom and sisters on Thursday and got up early to catch a 6:30 flight Friday morning. Flew to Seattle then on to Boston. It was a loooooonnnnngggg flight. But nice to not have kids or layovers. My mom, brother and his wife, sister, sister and her husband and Scott all came too. Got into Boston, checked into our hotel then grabbed some dinner. Sat in the hot tub and I did a few running up and backs in the pool. Then bed.
Saturday we got up and headed downtown. We went to breakfast at Finagle a Bagel. They have the coolest bagel slicer.
Just zip it right through, it slices it and shoots it down to the workers to start making the sandwich. It was really cool.

There were tons of churches all around. It was pretty rainy and cold while walking around, so some nice hot cocoa to hold in our hands did the trick.

Way cool parks all over too. Right in the middle of streets. This was Boston Commons. The Freedom Trail goes right through it. Runners and walkers EVERYWHERE!


Another church

Not sure what this was. I need to do better at remembering what we took pictures of. Seemed like everything that had major historical background, had gold on the building.


Way cool buildings and houses. Could you imagine looking out your kitchen window and seeing the park like these? BEAUTIFUL!


Cool cobble stone sidewalks and streets. It kinda felt like we were in Europe. Trees and flowers were blossoming and only made everything prettier.


Someones front door


More park. This place was just gorgeous.


Another church


Finally found a store to buy some hats to protect us from the rain. Well, maybe we didn't get this hats, but we did buy umbrellas.


After browsing the city, we headed for the expo where I picked up my runners packet. Everyone was congratulating everyone on making it to Boston. What an amazing experience!


Next was lunch at "Steve's". Yummy Greek food. We were pretty crowded with the 8 of us at a table for 6.


Yup.....another church.


The engravings on these churches were amazing. Very cool.


Pick a bench....any bench


Not much land, but way cool place to live for a while.


Look close at the engravings at the top. I couldn't imagine how they did this way back when.


We got tickets Saturday night to see the Blue Man Group. It was a lot of fun. I'd never seen them and didn't really know what their show was like, but I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity. It helped that the tickets were half price too!


They wanted us to know it was paint on their faces.....so to prove it, they wiped some on my sister, Becky.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

It looks like it was such a pretty place to visit! I want to visit someday! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Debbie Jones said...

Hello--so where's all the race info? Any pics of the run--or is that to come!! You are seriously amazing!! Congrats on such a good race--Gotta love Boston--so beautiful!!

lucasclan said...

That looks like so much fun. I am so jealous. We need to catch up!!!

David and Mary Walton said...

Wow, what a beautiful place. We really want to go there sometime....maybe your next run there!

Staci said...

I'm excited that you were so quick to post! I guess you're building up to the big day. Can't wait to see those pictures, just not any of you puking, LOL! I'm leaving in 2 days, yeah!

Mike and LuAnn (Nelson) Aldred said...

Really nice...I am glad you had your family with you what fun! I am in Indiana with Lori and family as she is to have her baby in June. Mike and Nick will join us after the delivery. Congrats on all your hard work!