Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas morning


After going through our Christmas pictures, I realized we didn't get a lot of GREAT shots. With Scott's new GoPro and our other video camera, our still shot camera got put on the way side. Oh well, there are still some pretty good ones. Warning......lots of pictures!
I woke up to the smell of what I thought was bacon and my first thought was, Rachel was up making breakfast for everyone. So I hurried out of bed and downstairs to find the ham we had put in the crockpot the night before, being the culprit. The house was still dark and no sound of any children. So I went back upstairs, woke up my niece and said, "Dallie, go wake everyone up. It's Christmas morning". I didn't think the old aunt could be the first one up! So I delegated. Just then, Molly woke up and I couldn't contain my excitement so I got in bed with her saying it was Christmas and we needed to go see if Santa had come. With just the little bit of noise and Dallie going in to her parents room, it wasn't long before everyone was awake. We were in the bathroom brushing teeth when Molly comes running in and said, "I went downstairs and I know Santa came because there is a bike down there" hahahahaha, we started laughing so hard. Like mother like daughter. I used to sneak into the living room before everyone else just to make sure "he" came!
So we hurried to the stairs, I grabbed the camera and got one descent picture of part of the group, Scott set up the GoPro and off the kids were in to the living room.





We had a tradition growing up of getting cereal by our stockings so mom didn't have to make breakfast the week us kids were off from school. I think the kids ate cereal a few times a day!


Molly and Dallie


Molly on her new bike


Isabella


Foster requested a flashlight for Christmas. Molly got one too so they could look for spiders under the beds together


Dallie got a violin


Emersyn


Madison and her new Scentsy candle


My sister Rachel and her new Barbies ;)




Foster's new flashlight and train set




Brother-in-law, Jason and his new cowboy hat


Isabella would close her eyes the whole time she unwrapped her presents, so Molly decided to try it.


Scott made Molly the cutest jewelry box. It's not a great picture of the box, but she was pretty excited. As soon as we got back home to Utah, she put all her special jewelry inside.


All us kids got my mom a Nook Color. I'm so glad she liked it!




Fos got this cute Viking hat from Cal......GO Vikings!!!!!


Scott sporting his new helmet (it's more of a GoPro mount)


Rachel and I preparing Christmas dinner

It was a great time being with family! I just love the holidays and just love Christmas! Thanks Johnson's for being great hosts!!!! Some day our house will be big enough for y'all to come and celebrate with us!

2 comments:

Sarah Walton said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! So fun to see how everyone else celebrates on our off years:)

Kristin said...

So many great pictures. Such beautiful kids and they have all grown so much! Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time.