Monday, March 19, 2012

Doughnuts for Dinner

About 3 weeks ago, we ate a pretty big lunch after church so I didn't want to make anything big when dinner time rolled around. So, we decided on doughnuts. I had watched a food network show on how to make these easy things. You buy already made roll dough that comes in those pop-up cans, get a bottle cap and make your doughnut hole and throw them in the oil for about 30 seconds on each side, then top them with whatever you would like. Our house smelled like grease a few days after, but Scott and the kids thought it was well worth it! I'm not a huge doughnut fan, but oh my goodness.......these were super good. I think I ate all the doughnut holes and Scott and the kids ate all the doughnuts. Some had chocolate frosting with chocolate sprinkles, some white frosting with colored sprinkles and some with cinnamon and sugar. We will probably be having doughnuts for dinner again sometime!








2 comments:

Lisa said...

I want doughnuts for dinner! Yum.

Amy Silva said...

Brilliant. That sounds great.