Well, you'd think I'd be able to do better than once a month postings with a sleeping baby. But be it known to all, Molly and Foster have something against me. They don't like to nap at the same time. So, between feedings, holdings, playing with my poor neglected 2 year old, and picking up the house every once in a while, I have let our blog go. We take the pictures, we just don't post them like we should. So, we'll give it a try. They are both asleep for now. But I hear some stirrings from the Fos man. I'll hurry.
Life is good. We are enjoying being parents of 2 wonderful children. Molly has been amazing at the adjusting to a new baby brother......until today. Not sure what the problem was but she was down right defiant and onery. I didn't know what to do. So, we have toys up above our computer and the snake is in the closet because she lost privleges of playing with them. Too bad it doesn't really work because she was trying to put other toys into the closet to punish herself.
Life is good. We are enjoying being parents of 2 wonderful children. Molly has been amazing at the adjusting to a new baby brother......until today. Not sure what the problem was but she was down right defiant and onery. I didn't know what to do. So, we have toys up above our computer and the snake is in the closet because she lost privleges of playing with them. Too bad it doesn't really work because she was trying to put other toys into the closet to punish herself.
I'm a horrible mom, I lost it and gave her diaper padded toosh a swat today. Later when she was acting up again, I asked her if she wanted a spankin and she said, "yes". What? this is the child that puts herself in timeout when she knows she's out of line. Guess I should'nt be surprised at her response of wanting a spankin. Does anyone know how to handle defiant children? I'm told Scott might have a had a little of that in him at about the same age. So, we are living and learning.
At the same time, you can't help but absolutely love the girl. She is always making me laugh at the things she says. She loves the mole on my jaw and I try to get her to call it a beauty mark, but she refuses and calls it a mole. So, when doing her princesses names she points to Sleeping Beauty and calls her "Beauty Mark". I laughed pretty hard so now, of course, she says it every time.
Sorry for all the WORDS, but that's what you get.
On to Foster.......he's growing like a weed. Loves to snack ALL THE TIME! He gained a whole pound at his two week appointment. The doctor was shocked and said we might want to try a bottle to give me a break. He's as cute as he can be. We ALL love him to pieces. He sleeps a lot, eats a lot, messes his diaper A LOT, and still has his nights and days backwards. But, hopefully soon, we will all get it figured out. Here's some recent shots of the little man.
Our "little" girl doesn't look so little anymore.
About 3 wks
8 comments:
I love all the details. Thanks for writing so much. I know you have your hands full... don't you just love those smart two year olds? Make sure you record all the naughty-ness!... she will love to hear about it when she's older (and totally grown out of it!) I'm jealous that mom and dad get to see little foster this week. It's so much fun to hold their warm little bodies and hear all of their noises.
Sounds like you have everything on your hands but time. So fun to hear everything. Hate to say 3yr-olds were the worst for us, but 4 got much better. We do still put toys in time out all the time though. Such adorable kids!
Thanks for update and ALL the writing!:) It's good to hear what I have to look forward to soon! Mia is having many defiant moments as well and I can see the 2's creeping up on us. I hope Foster can get his nights in order for you soon, that makes all the difference! It's hard to deal with any naughtyness when you're tired. Good thing they are so adorable! They say we look back on these years with fond memories!
He's changed already! An oh my, Molly doesn't look so little anymore--she's all grown up now that she's 2! Keep the vidoes coming Trais LOVES them and watches them over and over and over again!!!
I love all the pictures and the words! They help to envision everything so much! I'm so happy for you guys. And believe it or not it will start to pass even quicker now with two! I think the more you have to keep you busy the faster time flies!
Oh, that was fun to read the details. Your life sounds way too exhausting, Elisha. Good luck with that darling little two year old of yours.
You guys are such a great family, I might even say perfect! Do you have any house updates?
Elisha. You are NOT a horrible mom for giving her diaper padded toosh a swat or two with your hand. Not at all. You didn't "lose it"... that's giving her boundaries. You are an excellent mama, and she's a great kid. :) You are a great mom, though, and I hope you know that. :)
I wish I could be there to laugh with you (at her) and run/walk with you...
love you!
kak
Post a Comment