O.K., so after my first marathon, I swore I'd never run again. Well, I think it took about a day to realize I wanted to do another to learn how to run better. Good friend Cassidy, said she wanted to do the Seattle marathon. When she mentioned it was on a Saturday, I was in. We figured it'd be a good way to make a trip to Vancouver as well. The training was tough. I battled a bad back and achilles tendon problems a few different times throughout. But, with much prayer and dedication, I made it through all those trials and ran my second marathon. I bettered my time by 7 mins and felt really good about the whole experience. The course was beautiful and hilly. No steep inclines, but long slow gradual uphills and when the last hill was set at mile 24.2 lasting to the flat top at around 25.4, it was like climbing Mt. Everest. Cassidy and my sister Becky ran it too. I am so proud of both of them for their accomplishments. It was so nice being at the finish area together. Congrats to both of them! I qualified for Boston, so that is my next goal......hopefully! It was hard deciding which pictures to post, so here are a few

10 comments:
HOLY COW!!!! I just want to jump up and down for you !!! This is HUGE!!! WOW! I feel so dang proud of you! That is awesome that you did better and are headed to Boston! Very awesome Elisha!
Congratulations Elisha! I cant imagine running 26.2 miles in under 8 minute miles! You are SO inspiring, KEEP RUNNING!!
Congrats! Awesome job!
You look like an elite out there. Congrats again on an awesome race. I only wish I would ever be as fast you. If I could only get younger on my birthday and not older.
That is so awesome! I'm so proud of you!! I can't believe you're going to attack the Boston one! So brave of you, and yet it doesn't surprise me at all!
Hurrah! You are amazing. Great job - "we are proud of you, yeah, we are proud of you" Great pictures.
You truly are amazing!! You have incredible dedication!! I am so proud of you-and you even ran faster than your last one-incredible!!!
All those days you spent running paid off!! You did so well. I'm very impressed with your dedication. And you qualified for Boston! When does the training begin for that one? :)
Way to go girl!! I knew you would qualify! Thanks for being my inspiration! I need to call you and here all about it. Sorry I've been so hard to get a hold of--I've been gone so much and I'm still gone--but I'm in UT, so maybe we can try to get together. Good Luck with Boston--I'm afraid I won't be joining you!!
you're awesome. If I liked running--you would be my hero
Post a Comment