Monday, July 27, 2009

4th of July

Less than a month behind.....The 4th of July was a fun filled day. Got up early (3 of us) to run the 10K. My brother, Tim, sister, Becky and I all ran it together. We rounded the corner and went in the shoots oldest to youngest. We made it in 48:33. Becky got first in the women's and I got second. My other sister, Rachel and mom did the 5K, and many of the nieces and nephews did the mile fun run. After the exercise, we had breakfast in the park, then home to get ready for the parade.

Nieces 12 and younger, decorated the Ranger for the parade. Scott drove it into town for them.



Molly and cousin Bella


Scrounging for candy. I LOVE parades that throw candy!



Most floats had people on them with squirt guns. Some people enjoyed being cooled down, while others cried.

The girls came up with their saying, "Born in the West, Raised by the BEST"
Pretty clever huh?


They were so cute in their outfits


This is what Foster did during the parade. We blocked him every time water guns (or even a water sprayer from a fire truck with massive amounts of water) came by. He stayed nice and dry and asleep!

2 comments:

JessicaEklund said...

Those girls are so sweet with their parade theme--you know it! Thanks for helping with Trais that day too, letting him experience the Vale parade while his Momma slept!

Lisa said...

I didn't know you stopped in Vale on your way home! How fun!! I guess 10 miles is just a walk in the park after 26... you crazy girl.