One of our top remodeling lists was our kitchen. It was fine, but the old yellowish oak cabinets were just looking a little out dated. We decided we would refinish them. That's when the project went from refinishing the cabinets to doing everything. I'm glad we did and in the long run, when it's our house for sale against the other one, hopefully our updated kitchen will win :). It was a process trying to find which granite we liked best, which back splash tile would go best with the granite and would black painted cabinets make our kitchen look smaller than it already is? Well this is what we decided.......
House hunting picture was the only one of the old kitchen we had.
This one is out of order, but here it is with the dry-wall up and counter tops off.
all the doors off (don't look at the messy cupboards)
We took the doors somewhere to be professionally painted but did the drawers and facing ourselves. It actually wasn't too bad, but for time sake, I'm glad we paid to have the majority done.
In the process....things got a little messy. Guess that's what you get for remodeling.
And the finished project. Scott added these island legs. I was skeptical at first, but glad we spent the extra $$ for them. They add a nice touch.
10 comments:
you guys are so creative - always a bonus to have a talented hubby too:)Is that paint or tile on the back splash? Love the colors - great work!!
Love you
It looks so great! It does looks so updated and fashionable. God job.
Wow, Elisha! Your kitchen looks absolutely gorgeous. Well done both of you. :)
This looks SO AMAZING!!! Good job you guys!!
Wow. It looks fabulous. I LOVE the blue tile backsplash. I bet it's more fun to keep clean now. I was thinking about posting a pic of my kitchen, but I don't think I will anymore!
Wow... your kitchen looks great! Are you guys planning on selling your house soon? Love what you guys have done and proud of Scott for all the great handy work! Looks Fabulous!
I love your kitchen redo, it really has transformed it into a lovely place! We're thinking about redoing ours and this was great inspiration! What sort of paint did you use on the cabinets so that it would be durable? By the way, kak told me to tell you that this is "Duke" as you wouldn't recognize the name Miriam. :-) Thanks for your help! I enjoy reading your blog!
B-E-A-utiful! Now you can come back and do mine. Of course, Scott will have to come this time!
Wow! Lish! I LOVE your kitchen! Scott--great job! Duke was right--it is beautiful!
Wow! Is that real granite?!
Post a Comment