Call me crazy, but yes, I did another run. But this time it was only half of a marathon :). July 10th Farmington was having their festival days with a half marathon, so I decided to sign up. It was a run I have run often in my training since we are on the border of Farmington. I was just paying and getting a shirt for something I always do.
The race started at 6:30 and it was slightly brisk, but the kids are troopers for getting in the bike trailer and waiting for me to come running by, then ride the last 5 miles with me. It was so nice having Scott there. His support is very helpful and means so much to me.
Here I come. (p.s. I beat the guy you see in front of me)
Finish line.....so beautiful! Nothing better than that!
Kids are always stealing my food.
To toot my own horn, I did finish 2nd women overall (first in my age group). There were only about 300 runners so really not that impressive.
I did have a PR (only ran one other half) of 1:30:32. If only I could sustain that for 26.2 miles.
6 comments:
you rock, sister!!
Seriously, you are amazing!! And I love that you had to leave Scott in the dust in the 5K. Competitive, huh?
Kitchen looks lovely. What skills!
And the Canada shirts are fantastic! We got a whole new batch on our last trip and keep meaning to get a family pic with all of our Roots shirts!
I've been so busy that I am finally catching up on your blog. Holy cow, you've been busy also. Congrats on all the fabulous races! Your kitchen looks awesome, I love it. The kids are seriously getting so big. We're going to be in Utah for a week in Oct. We should get together!
Wow. Congratulations!! You're awesome!!
You're crazy!!! But did I mention you have awesome arms!! Serious!
I miss working out with you at 5 am. That was so long ago it's kind of scary. Anyway, we need to chat on the phone soon. Call me, or I'll call you or what ever!
No baby #4 for me yet.... hello, #3 is only 9 months. Any baby #3 for you??
Later skater
Way to go Elisha! Another great run! It was so great catching up with you the other day! I hope you had a nice weekend in Reno! I love your kitchen! I am going to need to talk to you eventually about your cupboards and everything. I think that is the way that I want to go, when we eventually get to redo our kitchen. Hopefully, sooner than later! (Gotta finish that basement first). I really do want to plan a trip out there to see you guys...maybe to come see the temple lights at Christmas? I will have to talk to Russ...
Post a Comment