We left Paris leaving ourselves enough time to do a little walking around in Heidelberg (Chris and Lisa's little town). And to no surprise, it was another amazing, picturesque, quaint German town. The homes and buildings are so stunning. And to think we have "old" buildings in the states.
I would have loved to tour these homes.
The courtyard in the market place. We got there around 6 p.m. so most of the shops were closed and the restaurants were just opening (but would not see dinner eating people till around 8 p.m.)
This is the Church of the Holy Spirit in the Market Place. I thought it was interesting that there were little shops beneath it.
The River Neckar
The Heidelberg Castle behind us (we toured that a different day, so more to be blogged at a later time)
You had to be there, but this was funny. Lisa and Dan were up ahead and Scott said, "guys turn around". I looked and it was just Chris, Sarah, and I. So we posed!
The gate behind us was originally part of the town wall. I just love how they build things here. The bridge we are on is the old bridge and was built from 1786-1788. Pedestrians act like they have the right away here, but cars still cross.
This is the protector Monkey.......just kidding. I have no idea if there is history to it or if it's just for people to put their faces inside and take pictures.
We really came here to eat at Chris and Lisa's favorite restaurant, The Goldener Faulke. Everything they recommended, we did or ate. Their favorites soon became our favorites. We started outside, but the bugs and cold temperatures caused us to rethink and head indoors.
This was Chris and Lisa's favorite, schnitzel with noodles. It was quite tasty. I, however, enjoyed the appetizers more. They were spargel pancakes. Spargel is basically white asparagus, with a little more crunch and size. They were wrapped in ham inside crepes covered in a light cheese sauce. Mmmmmm, wish I had some now!
1 comment:
I wish it was Spargel season still!
Post a Comment