I didn't think I had anything to blog about but then saw all these pictures. We woke up December 1st to wind blowing pretty good. Since it was still dark we didn't know the extent of it. Scott drove to work and saw 6 semi trucks blown over. Also, he said he thought he was playing a video game while driving because he was swerving and dodging debris everywhere. It was crazy. Glad he made it safe to work, but after a while I was wishing he had stayed home to protect our little family. The wind woke Molly and Foster up earlier than normal. Fos came down the stairs crying saying, "our house is breaking". It was still dark so I still didn't know what to expect when I looked out our back window. I was on the phone with Scott when it started getting light and saw that part of our fence was down. Then I kept hearing this loud noise against the side of our house. I thought it was the neighbors garbage cans slamming against the house, but then I saw siding blowing in the back yard and into the neighbors trees. I ran outside to see and sure enough, our whole north side of our house was losing siding. There wasn't much I could do except put it in piles so it didn't cause more damage to neighboring houses. I ran out a few times collecting flying pieces and got trapped behind our gate (it blew open and pinned me in the corner with sharp siding wrapping around my legs). I thought for sure I was going to get cut. As soon as the wind died down enough to get away, I ran in the house. Only to go out a few more times trying to time it just right in between huge gusts! Needless to say, it was crazy and amazing and a little scary at times!
Neighbors back fence
Neighbors tree snapped right at the base
Our south side fence
The noise I was hearing!
Notice our play house still standing strong with no damage at all. I think I want Scott to build our next house. It'll be able to withstand 100+ mile/hr winds
I walked around after it all dyed down quite a bit and took pictures of our neighborhood
Most pine trees were down. In fact, the golf courses lost about 70% of their trees......so sad!
Just down the street this guy had this car port thing that didn't hold up!
Friends back yard! The kids were playing in the tree.
Our storm inside the house while we couldn't go out! So blessed that it wasn't worse. Thank goodness we have insurance and things will be taken care of soon!
2 comments:
I'd heard about the wind storm, but that is CRAZY!!! I can't believe your whole side was stripped of siding! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And kuddos to Scott for the ultra sturdy playhouse . . . even on stilts. That's awesome.
Wow... pinned by the gate? Seriously, Elisha... Scary! Interesting to see the pictures. Awesome about the playhouse. Go Scott.
Post a Comment