Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Scott's first 10K

When I asked Scott if he was going to do his annual 5K this year, his response was that he wanted to try a 10K. This meant he had to run more than 3 times before the race. He actually semi-trained for about 2 months. And it payed off. He did amazing! I was supposed to sign up with him to push him, but instead he pushed me. I developed an injury about a month before the race and thought I'd recovery in time. Only problem was I couldn't run on it if I wanted it to heal. I tried running twice but it hurt and I didn't want to make it worse. Long story short, I ran with him and at mile 4 the pain was back with a vengeance and at mile 5, my Achilles locked up changing my whole running form to where I was pretty much spent. I kept telling Scott to go and finish and finally the last stretch he did. He beat me by 5 seconds!!!! He finished in 45:23. I am so proud of my little runner husband. Who hardly trains and does AWESOME!!!! Well done Scott! Next race.....a half! ;-)


2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

You guys are awesome!!

Lisa said...

So impressed! Sorry you have injuries Elisha. No fun... but nice of you to let Scott win. Both of you are inspiring!