January 27th, I went under the knife. It was time to resort to my last option. I had exhausted all others and the pain would not go away. I'm so glad I did this. I stressed over it A LOT wandering if it was the right decision. I didn't want them to take out disk that I would need for cushioning, but after realizing because the size of the hernia and the length of time I had gone, that cushioning was no longer serving it's purpose. It had been sitting on the outside of the disk space for quite some and pressing on my nerve that it was time to come out. The surgery was successful and I have no pain in my leg. HUGE blessing. I'm grateful for modern day medicine! I still have some time for recovery and I probably will be done with marathons, but I am pain free and am very happy about that!
1 comment:
Elisha, you can even make back surgery sexy! It actually looks quite lovely, for an incision. I'm sure it's miserable though, best wishes for a speedy recovery! ox
Post a Comment