Yeah, we started school over a month ago and it's been busy. You'd think with having Molly in all day school and Fos preschool two days a week I'd have more time.........but I don't! So, I am finally getting to this post!
Our baby school started First grade the day after Labor Day. She was quite excited to go all the way up until the morning school started. She started getting a little sad which made it harder on me. And, I forgot to wear my sunglasses!!! We both managed. It's hard sending a child to school. I fear have I taught her enough to choose the right, are the kids going to be nice to her, our little baby is growing up and going to be in all day school the rest of her life. I don't have my little baby any more! So many emotions, but also joy in being proud that she is growing up and she is a GREAT girl!
It was fun to talk to her about her first day. This is what I learned.........
"First we had an assembly, if we believe in ourselves we get magic. We sit girl boy girl boy in class. So every girl is boy trapped and every boy is girl trapped. The kids I know are Hailey, Joey and Shay. The girl in the purple shirt was shy and I asked her if she wanted to be my friend." Me, "what was her name?" "I don't know, I forgot"
Foster also started Preschool the day after Labor Day. He was a little hesitant at first, but after the first day "really liked" school. It's fun seeing him grow up and learn new things!
Things I learned from Foster....." I don't know my teachers name, I forgot. I have my own place for my backpack." Me, "Did you make any new friends?" "No, I don't know anybody in there".
It's different now. He actually knows names of the kids in his class and he now knows his teachers name!
After school we got to make cookie dough.......I think the kids wanted that for their treat! :-)
3 comments:
So cute, their little comments about school. I love the obsession with cookie dough, well trained by mom! :)
Such cute little school kids!!
Great pictures! Your kids are so cute and look so happy. We've got to get together!
Post a Comment