Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grandpa Jacobs

This has been a long time coming. I just wanted to post some pictures of my awesome grandpa who passed away November 2. It was a bit of a shock, but he lived a long and wonderful 84 (85 in January) years. I am proud and honored to be a part of his legacy. He and my grandma have been married 65 (66 in April) years. Highschool sweethearts. This post is more for my family, but all of you are welcome to look. He was a great example of showing love and support and we all miss him dearly.

Always a smile and some sort of hat upon his head. He loved and lived life to the fullest.

I will never forget the bit of food left around his lips and never having it bother me when we kissed good-bye. He's the greatest grandpa around.


When I was little he always called me "little bird". One day I said, "well if I'm little bird, that makes you big bird." Here's to you, big bird!

3 comments:

The Valladolid's said...

Sounds like he lived a great life.

Anonymous said...

Cool pics. Thanks for posting them. I sure do miss him. Love you guys.

Keith, Becky, Kennedy and Kassidy said...

brought tears to my eyes...the greatest man I knew.