Our little man is growing up. Foster turned 3 on August 27. We celebrated his birthday a few days earlier as my sister has the same birthday and all of us sisters, mom, one sister-in-law, and a few nieces went down to surprise her.
Foster is becoming quite the little boy. It truly is amazing at how fast time flies by. Most days he is a joy to be around! He's just so boy and fun. One of my favorite things to do is tickle him because his laugh is so contagious. He loves trains, trucks, tools, cars and sometimes dolls (that's if his sister really wants to play with him :).
Before his birthday I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He totally surprised me when he said a "tool cake". What?......you mean cupcakes? Our little family doesn't eat a whole lot of cake so I was hoping to just make cupcakes or cookies or something easy. I was telling my good friend about his request and she said, "I'll help you if you want". Really? You mean make it for me right? hahaha, anyway, I thought sure, why not. I could attempt something like this. I never go all out so why not try at least once.
I made the cake from scratch (because I didn't have a cake mix and didn't want to have to run to the store to buy one.....heaven forbid). I used a raspberry cream cheese filling to go in between the layers and to my surprise, that cake was good. I, especially don't like cake. Most are just dry and not worth it, but I think I had seconds on this one!
After I made the cake, the next day my friend, Jamie, came over to help with the fondant. She then told me we could make tools out of rice crispie treats and wrap fondant around them (she confessed she learned it on cake boss......who knew). So, that's exactly what we did. The handle, the wrench, the hammer, the screw driver and the saw are all made of rice crispies. Those were what the kids wanted!
I think it turned out pretty good. Everyone could tell it was a tool box (whew...) and everyone was impressed with my skills (thanks to Jamie).
The little birthday crew.....Tipton, Fos, Molly and Trais
He's not a little boy anymore :(
I love the excited face
My cute nephew, Trais, made these homemade binoculars for Fos......and he loved them!
Thanks Trais for being so thoughtful!
He actually blew out the candle all by himself! Happy Birthday Fos, we love you SOOOOOOOOO much!
No comments:
Post a Comment