Woke up Monday morning the one of the best days we had in Europe. It was sunny and gorgeous. Not a cloud in sight. PERFECT!!!!! We purchased our gondola tickets to the Alpspitze. The Alpspitze is not the highest of the mountains, but one of the most famous. It is 8,622 ft in elevation (nothing like a fourteener), but it's pyramid face makes it pretty fascinating and attracts tons of tourists (like us). I wanted to hike up to the top, but I didn't get any takers. We rode the gondola instead ;). Pretty cool to say we've been in the Alps!
Confirming it's a perfect day to go up!
The gondola line......it was a little nerving!
Up at the top. GORGEOUS!!!!!!
"Look at this"
These platforms opened just last year. I wasn't sure I wanted to be one of the first on them to "test" them. It was a long way down!
Yeah, little scary!
Photo shoot. Sarah, Dan, Elisha, Scott, Lisa, and Chris
Johnson crew. Luke, Katie, Ryan, Matthew, Chris, Lisa, Emily, and Megan
I have no idea what was so funny here, but I thought it was a cute picture!
Lisa and Katie
Sarah and I
Boys!
....still boys!
Siblings: Dan, Lisa, and Scott
Make picture of me.....
Skiing in the alps!
Hiking around to view the Zugspitze (the larger of the two famous peaks)
Chris and Ryan were having snowball fights while hiking along. At one point, Chris got Ryan pretty good. If you look closely at Ryan's left part of his face, you can see red. Yep, that's where Chris got him.......HARD. Ryan was a pretty good sport and pretty much just laughed it off. I think I would have gotten mad then tackled whoever hit me, in the snow and white washed their face! Good sport Ryan!. Here is the reenactment.
We had gotten to one point to rest while some of us mountain goated up the rocks. This is when we noticed Luke was climbing too. He was actually pretty high up considering his size!
Look closely and you can see my sasha pose! High on the rocks!
Katie and I on the ride down
Dan, Ryan, Sarah, Megan, Emily, and Katie
Walking back to the cars. Luke and I were having a great discussion on how to pop your ears.
After the hiking around in the Alps, we hit a local market, grabbed sandwich stuff and made lunch in the trunk. So we could eat on our way to the Neuschwanstein castle.
Not sure if it's like camping when even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich tastes better, but these sandwiches were so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment