Saturday, August 23, 2008

The BIG 30

I've finally made it to real adulthood. I thought maybe it might be a little like going through a mid-life crisis, but it wasn't anything like that at all. I've embraced the 30's like they are my new best friend for the next decade. I've learned that if you can't beat them, join them. So here I am! In the sought after 30's club.
I wasn't about to get out of bed at 6 a.m. for Scott to give my gifts, so it all started when he got home from work. I got three envelopes to chose from. One had a "get away" brochure that included a trip to Steamboat Springs, over night, without Molly for the first time. The second was a gift card for shopping (can't go wrong there) and the third was a coupon . Molly got me a tea kettle (something I kept saying I would like to have....more so in the winter of course, but now was as good as a time as any).
Later that night, we went to Scott's last Church Softball game and then home for my yummy dessert made by Scott himself. It was sooooooooo tasty. A few friends came over to help us enjoy.
On August the 10th, (3 days after the actual day) I was totally surprised by so many friends for a spaghetti feast at our friends house. They acted like it was our usual of going to their house for Sunday Dinner, until we opened the door to find many people yelling "SURPRISE". Surprised I was! It was a lot of fun! Thanks so much to everyone for coming and especially Mindy and James for setting it all up.

Steamboat Ski Mountain. We'd love to come back during the winter and ski this beautiful resort. Right close to our Hotel

Our Hotel.

Downtown.

We didn't get a lot of photos, but here are a few.

3 comments:

Mike Walton said...

You're 30 Elisha?! You make 30 sound fun!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great birthday present... what a fabulous husband you have!!! Happy 30th!

Sarah Walton said...

happy birthday Elisha! what a great little get away before the baby comes!